Criminal Investigations Unit
About The Criminal Investigation UnitThe Show Low Police Department's Criminal Investigations Unit is responsible for the complete and accurate follow up investigations of property and person related crimes occurring in the City of Show Low.
The Criminal Investigations Unit consists of:
- One (1) Sergeant
- Three (3) full-time Detectives
- One (1) full-time Crime Scene Investigator/Evidence Technician
- One (1) part-time Crime Scene Investigator/Evidence Technician
Each detective is responsible for an assigned caseload and is focused on the successful investigative completion and prosecution of each case. This is accomplished by working directly with the courts, county attorney, and law enforcement community. To date the Investigations Unit:
- Detectives carry an average of 12 to 15 cases per month.
- Generate ten (10) to 15 original investigations per month in addition to assigned cases.
- Generate Six (6) to ten (10) arrests per month.
- Completes or assists in the completion of four (4) to eight (8) search warrants per month.
- Has obtained a 100% clearance rate on all homicide investigations occurring in the City of Show Low, including six (6) homicides since 2009.
- Assisted in the recovery and/or seizure of over $200,000 in money and property in the last year.
The Investigations Unit further conducts special investigative actions including:
- Response and assistance with the Navajo County Homicide Task Force.
- Completion of pre-employment and liquor license application background investigations for the City of Show Low.
- Management of intelligence and information related to Homeland Security issues involving Show Low and eastern Arizona.
- Conduct forensic interviews working in conjunction with the Navajo County Advocacy Center involving sexual assault and child abuse investigations.