Responsibilities & Duties
Records handles all phases of record-keeping and public record distribution for the Show Low Police Department. Responsibilities and duties include:
- Handle walk-in lobby traffic.
- Provide police and accident reports to public upon request.
- Duplicate video and audio as necessary for court proceedings, attorneys, and the public.
- Maintain and provide copies of police and accident reports to insurance companies, attorneys, and the public.
- Provide information on arrests and major cases to the Navajo County Attorney Office and other agencies for prosecution.
- Monitor Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) / National Incident Based Crime Reporting (NIBRS) and juvenile justice compliance.
- Submit all reportable accidents to Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT).
- Provide fingerprinting services to the public on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 2 - 4 p.m. by appointment.
- Issue alarm permits.
- Provide Local Record Checks for apartments, residence, and the Salvation Army.
Requesting Copies of Criminal Records
- Visit the Police Department and fill out a request in person.
- Download and complete a Records Request Form and return it to the Show Low Police Department by email, mail or in person.
- Use our online Records Request Form, be sure to provide a good phone number so our Records Department personnel can contact you.
Traffic Accident Reports
- Visit the BuyCrash.com web page to view and print your traffic accident report for a fee. Citizens may also contact the Show Low Police Department to request an accident report.