- Community Services
- Public Library
- eBooks & Digital Downloads
eBooks & Digital Downloads
eBooks Audiobooks and Movies
Access eBooks, eAudiobooks and Movies through Cloud Library:
Step 1: download the app to your device.
Step 2: once you’ve installed and opened the app, search for “Navajo County Library District” in the list of libraries.
Step 4: browse for a book you want to read and select the “Borrow” button.
Cloud Library is compatible with iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Android phones, Android devices, Mac OS X, Windows, NOOK eReader, NOOK Tablets, Kobo eReader, Kindle Fire, and Kindle Fire HD. Only one person at a time can read each eBook, so they'll automatically be checked in after 14 days to let the next person enjoy them. If a book you want is checked out, you can place a hold on it, just like with a physical library book. You can sign up to receive an email notification when a book you've placed on hold becomes available. You also have the option of returning books early if you are finished with them.
Libby is the newer library reading app by OverDrive, loved by millions of readers worldwide. With Libby, you can borrow free ebooks, digital audiobooks, and magazines. All you need is a library card.
Download or open Libby on your device:
- Apple App Store (for iOS devices)
- Google Play (for Android devices)
- Direct download from OverDrive, the developers of Libby (for Amazon Fire tablets)
- libbyapp.com (for Windows, Mac, and Chromebooks)
Note: libbyapp.com works best in up-to-date versions of Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge.
Step 2: In Libby, follow the prompts to find your library and sign in with a library card.
Step 3: Browse your library's catalog and borrow a title.
Your selection will vary based on your library, since each library chooses what titles and formats to offer in Libby.
Step 4: Borrowed titles appear on your Shelf and download to the app automatically when you're connected to Wi-Fi, so you can read them when you're offline.
On your Shelf, tap loans at the top of the screen. From there, you can:
- Tap Read With... to choose where you'd like to read the book (Kindle or Libby), then finish sending to Kindle (U.S. libraries only) or start reading in Libby.
- Tap Open In Libby, Open Magazine, or Open Audiobook to start reading or listening in the app.
- Tap Manage Loan to see options like Renew and Return.
eBooks for kids
Access TumbleBooks™ at TumbleBookLibrary, to find an online collection of talking, animated picture books. No library card is required to use this free program.
TumbleBooks is an excellent tool to help new readers and struggling readers find the joys of reading in a fun format. Readers can control the speed of the story, and turn narration on and off to read alone or read along.
Added bonus, with three language options the TumbleBooks collection is a good foreign language tool to help new-language learners of all ages.
Adult, Young Adult and Children's books are available for fiction and nonfiction lovers, including study guides. Access library eBooks through Freading™. after installing Adobe® Digital Editions. Then go to the Navajo County Library District website databases and click on Freading™ to find books for your computer or your mobile device.
Step 1. Check to see if you need to install Adobe® Digital Editions on your device.
Step 2. Go to Freading™ and login with your library card number.
Step 3. Browse for a book you want to read and select the “Download EPUB” button.
You can download an app for iOS® and Android™ devices. The app is also compatible with Kindle Fire®, NOOK®, and kobo™ devices.
You can borrow 3 books per week.
See the Freading™ FAQs for more information.
Access Arizona-specific eBooks at Reading Arizona, a statewide eBook platform. The collection includes early Arizona fiction and histories, as well as contemporary works by authors such as Jon Talton and James Sallis.
More free eBooks
You can download free eBooks from the following sites:
- Book Lending: Matches lenders and borrowers of Kindle e-books
- Digital Book Index: More than 165,000 full-text digital books
- Free E-Books: Wide variety of titles
- Google Books: Nearly 3 million free e-books from public domain
- Hathi Trust Digital Library
- InkMesh: Find free e-books and compare e-book prices
- Munseys: 20,000 titles for Kindles, Nooks, and Sony Readers
- The Online Books Page: More than 1 million titles
- Open Library: More than 1 million books
- Project Gutenberg: Over 36,000 published books
Looking for even more? Check out Navajo County Library District's digital downloads page.