Most Common Questions
Community 100 Mile Challenge 2022
1. When does the 100 Mile Challenge start and end? The program begins on Wednesday, March 23, 2022. The program runs for 100 days, ending on Thursday, June 30.
2. How do I track my miles? Record Your Own Miles: The program is self-reporting; you are accountable for tracking your own miles. You can simply do one mile a day or you can complete 2 miles one day and take a break the next - the goal is to complete 100 miles (or more) in 100 days, it’s all up to you! 200 miles for cycling and horseback riding.
3. How can I get 100 miles in 100 days? There are lots of physical activities that get your body moving. 20 minutes of continuous physical activities (like a fitness class, skiing, golf, etc.) counts as one mile, or simply walk or run a mile, it all counts! Get creative and remember it’s all about having fun while making a lifestyle change! Email us any questions on making your miles count to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 928-532-4142.
4. What is the incentive? Accept the challenge and enter to be eligible to win weekly prizes. Weekly prize winners will be randomly drawn each Thursday, and winners announced Friday via our website www.showlowaz.gov.
5. How can I be eligible for prizes? All registered paid participants are automatically eligible to win a weekly prize. Weekly prize winners will be randomly drawn each Thursday, and winners announced Friday via our website showlowaz.gov. To claim your prize throughout the challenge, you must provide your log sheet to the Show Low Family Aquatic Center, 1100 W. Deuce of Clubs, Show Low. Winners must claim their prize within 1 week of winning date or another name will be drawn. To be entered into the Grand Prize(s) drawing you must provide a completed and signed log sheet at the End Celebration that will be held on Monday, July 4.
6. What is the goal of this challenge? The ultimate goal is to have fun, while getting healthy and active! Make it fun, sign up with a friend, get the miles in with your dog, and try something new…Good luck!!!