Community 100 Mile Challenge 2019
1. When does the 100 Mile Challenge start and end?
The program begins on Thursday, May 30, 2019. The program runs for 100 days, ending on Friday, September 6.
2. How do I track my miles? Record Your Own Miles: The program is self-reporting; you are accountable for tracking your own miles. You can simply do one mile a day or you can complete 2 miles one day and take a break the next - the goal is to complete 100 miles (or more) in 100 days, it’s all up to you!
3. How can I get 100 miles in 100 days? There are lots of physical activities that get your body moving. 20 minutes of continuous physical activities (like a Yoga class, skiing, golf, etc.) counts as one mile, or simply walk or run a mile, it all counts! Get creative and remember it’s all about having fun while making a lifestyle change! Email us any questions on making your miles count to: email@example.com or call 928-532-4140.
4. What is the incentive? Accept the challenge and enter to be eligible to win weekly prizes and entered into the Grand Prize drawing(s) on September 14, 2019. Weekly prize winners will be randomly drawn each Thursday, and winners announced via our website www.showlowaz.gov. Receive an I TOOK THE CHALLENGE t-shirt at the end of the challenge.
5. How can I be eligible for prizes? All registered paid participants are automatically eligible to win a weekly prize. To claim your prize, you must provide a completed (up to date) and signed miles tracking log to the Recreation Department at City Hall 180 N. 9th Street. To receive your I TOOK THE CHALLENGE t-shirt and be entered into the Grand Prize drawing(s) you must provide a completed and signed miles tracking log on September 14, 2019 from 5-6 p.m. at Show Low City Park at the Music in the Park. If you finish the challenge early and/or won’t be able to make the end celebration, bring your completed and signed tracking log to the Recreation Department at City Hall 180 N. 9th to be entered into the Grand Prize drawing and pick up your I TOOK THE CHALLENGE t-shirt as early as September 6, 2019.
6. What is the goal of this challenge? The ultimate goal is to have fun, while getting healthy and active! Make it fun, sign up with a friend, get the miles in with your dog, and try something new…Good luck!!!