History

  • 1932: Show Low Public Library was established in the Post Office building at N. 2nd Street with Don Tanner as the first librarian
  • 1958: The library became a department of the City of Show Low.
  • June 1969: Completed a major landscaping project.
  • 1974: Installed the first street sign.
  • October 1975: New facility at 206 S. 2nd Drive
  • Moved to 20 N. 6th Street (4,000 sq. ft.)
  • 1983: Added a children’s wing.
  • July 1998: Interior upgrades (removed a wall and reconfigured the checkout and reference area).
  • July 2005: Moved to 180 N. 9th Street (13,000 sq. ft.)
  • July 2010: Moved to 181 N. 9th Street (14,400 sq. ft.)

For more information, check out the permanent display at the Show Low Museum and Historical Society!
Library History Display