Read for Fun & Prizes!
The annual Summer Reading Program provides fun and exciting opportunities for children, teens and adults to earn prizes and attended special events. This year's theme is All Together Now, and the library will offer extra programs and presentations every week to brings old and new friends together. All programs are free of charge and anyone can attend.
The emphasis on summer reading is to help prevent the “summer slide” kids’ experience during summer break. Reading twenty-four minutes per day over six-weeks comes to 1,000 minutes dedicated to stabilizing or improving students' reading and comprehension skills.
How does it work?
- Beginning May 27 , 2023, register online and create an account. Don't forget to explore all of the games and activities on the website, and create your avatar!
- The program begins on June 5th at 12:00 am and ends on July 16th at 11:59 pm.
- One reading minute equals one point. Points can also be earned by completing challenges and missions too. Points can be entered starting on June 6th.
- Points can be entered retroactively until 11:59 pm on July 16.
- Read books, graphic novels, magazines, reports, or whatever you like! Reading to a child or pet, listening to someone reading, or listening to audiobooks all count as reading!
- Points earned for challenges and missions count as reading minutes too.
- All participants win prizes for reaching the following milestone points: 250, 500, 750 and 1000. Each milestone is tied to a specific prize, and participants who reach 1,000 points earn a book of their choice.
- All participants who enter the minimum number of reading points in a week are also automatically entered into a weekly prize drawing. Reading 24 minutes a day for seven days equals 166 points. Enter your points by 11:59 pm each Sunday to be automatically entered into the weekly drawings.
- If you reach the 1,000 point goal early, don't stop reading to add points. The weekly prize drawings will continue all six weeks of the program. Participants can win weekly drawings more than once.
- Don't forget to enter your points into your Summer Reading Program account. Points can only be counted if they are recorded online.
Our sincere thanks to our 2023 Summer Reading sponsors!
We couldn't do do it alone. Thank you to all of our generous Summer Reading Program sponsors, partners and contributors.