Show Low Public Library Current Service Offerings
The library will be opening June 1st!
We have been receiving several inquiries from patrons asking for clarity on their checked out items. As a reminder you can always visit your online account to see the status of your library card and items. Contact the library if you are unsure how to do this (info is also located below).
The library has returned to regular checkout times and due dates. Overdue notices have also started going out again via email (if one is listed on your account) or mail. As a reminder our library does not charge overdue fines on our own items. This doesn't apply to items that were checked out here that belong to other libraries (each library has it's own policies and procedures). If you have had an item checked out for a while and have not renewed it you will want to check your online account or contact the library.
Our current library policy is that the item becomes "ASSUMED LOST" and the patron is charged for the item 90 days after the due date. If the account is not settled or the items are not returned after that time the patron is sent to a collection agency. If you have any questions or need to renew your items you can do so online through your online account or call the library ASAP.
Our two library bookdrops are open 365 days a year, 24 hours a day if you need to return your items and the library is closed. On occasion our drive through bookdrop is not accessible due to weather.
The library has also recently starting using a text notification system for overdue items as opposed to email, if you are interested in signing up for this service please contact us!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saturday library hours will begin October 17th & run from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The following restrictions will be in place until further notice:
***Help us stop the spread of COVID-19 by wearing a mask! All persons that are 5 years of age & older are required to wear a mask/face covering inside. If you do not have a mask please come to the front desk & one will be provided***
1. Only 75 people will be allowed in the library at any one time.
2. Please follow social distancing guidelines of 6 feet apart.
Online Library Account: The online library website is always on. You can login to your account using your library card number and your pin to check the status of your account, place holds, renew items, make book lists, and see the online catalog. Holds are also only checked once per day in the morning so if a hold is placed after that please call us to check availability for same day service.
- Curbside Pickup: You can go online to the Navajo County Libraries catalog website and browse for items available at all Navajo County Libraries. Then call the library at (928) 532-4070 with your list of items. Please have your library card ready for this checkout process. Staff will get the items ready for you, please allow at least 30 minutes for staff to obtain items before pickup. Come to the library and park on the front side (facing City Hall) and open your trunk. Call the library again and let us know you are here to pickup. Staff will come out and place the items in your trunk and you are ready to go!
- Book Return: The library has 2 book drops that are open at this time for returns. There is a walk up one on the front side of the library facing City Hall and a drive through one on the back side facing the church.
- Digital Library: Visit the Navajo County Libraries Ebook website to see what digital services are available through the county library system. These include ebooks, eaudiobooks, digital comics, and digital magazines. You must have a valid library card to use these services.
- Puzzle Exchange: Do you have a puzzle at home that you finished? Want to trade it for a new one? You can bring your puzzle to the library and exchange it. Only adult puzzles (500+ pieces) are available at this time.
- Seed Library Online Catalog: Our seed library has been going strong now for the last year and it's just been restocked! You can now go online by visiting our digital catalog to see what seeds are available and request to pick them up through our curbside pickup or browse the collection in the library. Visit the Libraries Seed Library Catalog website.
- My 2020 COVID-19 Time Capsule Packet: These packets can be picked up at the library or through curbside pickup starting April 15th. You and your children can record your experiences during this difficult time.